Philippians 4:10-13 (ESV)
10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
- Not Self-Sufficiency but Christ’s Sufficiency
- Content with where you are and with what you have, NOT with who you are… yet
- Contentment is Learned and Shared
- Contentment is found by rejoicing in the Giver more than the gift
- Contentment requires exercise and strength